June 13, 2014

Review: L'Oreal True Match Foundation

Today I want to bring you a review of one of my favorite foundations. This is nothing new, by any means. But when it came out a forever ago it was never on my must-try list. After trying to find a good drugstore foundation for years, I decided to give it a go. I kept hearing Nicole Guerriero talk about it, and we have really similar skin (minus our coloring...I wish! haha)

Anyways, I love this foundation. It's my go-to, mainly because it covers my acne scars so well. You can see in the picture below that I have a lot of left over discoloration and hyper pigmentation from years of skin troubles. The L'Oreal True Match range has amazing color selection, which is one reason it stole my heart. I've never been able to find such a light YELLOW based drugstore foundation before and this one is spot on. I wear W2, Light Ivory for anyone wondering. 

It has great coverage with a light layer and it definitely buildable to full coverage for girls who like that, aka me. It's well priced (under $10) and lasts a really long time. The only complaint I have is that it tends to oxidize in the bottle and turn a bit darker/pinker over time. That might just be because I use such a light color—but keep it in mind!

Overall it's definitely a 9/10 in my book. I like to apply mine with a damp beauty blender (I use the Real Techniques one) or a big angled kabuki brush like this Sigma F84, You can see the results down below with a before/after of just the foundation and then a finished look with concealer, powder, etc. Have you ever tried the L'Oreal True Match range? What do you think?
**Bonus picture in horrible fluorescent lighting so you can see how the coverage looks under these lights!


NYX True Taupe Shadow (for my brows)
Rimmel Scandaleyes in Nude (in the waterline)
MAC Casual Air DazzleGlass (lmtd. edition, similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the lovely comments! I read each and every one. xxx

Pin It button on image hover