July 28, 2014

Project 10 Pan + Reviews

I first heard about Project 10 Pan from Laura, back when she was still making YouTube videos. If you've never heard of it, it's basically a challenge to finish (or hit pan on) 10 products before you buy anything new. It's great for those of us who can't seem to stop buying beauty products, even if we have way too many. 

I decided to do this recently and have finally hit pan on or finished 10 products. I thought I would tell you if I liked them or if I would repurchase them, now that I've used them up!

Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet+: Repurchase? Yes. This is my favorite high end foundation. The color range is amazing and on oily skin it's a great foundation. It stays matte for quite a few hours and has medium to full coverage, easily. The only thing I didn't like was that mine oxidized in the bottle after a few months, but I can look past that. 

L'Oreal True Match: Repurchase? Yes. This is not at all similar to the Mat Velvet+ but it's my favorite drugstore foundation. Again the color range is amazing and it has great coverage. I used it in my Flawless Foundation Routine so you can learn more there! 

Sephora Single Shadow (not sure of color): Repurchase? No. This is the only Sephora shadow I've ever had and I didn't like it. The pigmentation wasn't great and it was a little chalky for my taste. I would rather spend a little more money and get Urban Decay. 
Urban Decay NAKED Palette: Repurchase? No. I love this palette, don't get me wrong, but there are some shades I almost never use. I will however, be repurchasing Sin and Naked. As you can see, I love those shadows. Sin was the first to go and I think I might have cried when it completely cracked out. 
Bobbi Brown Corrector: Repurchase? No. I was so excited to try this light peach corrector. It's supposed to go under your concealer to counteract the blueness of under eye bags. It just did not have enough coverage for me. It works wonders on other people but I just am not in love (and as you can see, I really really tried to love it). 

Mark Champagne Shadow: Repurchase? Yes. If I could. This is discontinued which makes me so sad because it was a gorgeous pigmented light shadow. If you have any dupe recommendations, let me know!

NYX True Taupe Shadow: Repurchase? Yes. This is one of the best eyebrow colors I've ever found. It's light enough for my skin but dark enough to make a difference. I also love how cool toned it is, so my brows don't look oddly red. I also use it as a normal shadow sometimes and the pigmentation is great. 
Make Up For Ever Mat Bronze: Repurchase? YES. This is holy grail bronzer status for me. I believe mine is the 2nd lightest shade. If you're fair to light, this is AH-MAZ-ING. It never looks fake and it lasts so long. Go buy it. Trust me. 

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder: Repurchase? Yes. I've bought this probably 6 times now. It's great and inexpensive and so handy. I always buy translucent. 

ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder: Repurchase? Maybe. This is a definite dupe for the NARS Laguna/Orgasm palette. It's not the greatest pigmentation, but if you have the patience to blend a lot and you don't want to pay for NARS this is a good option. I might splurge next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the lovely comments! I read each and every one. xxx

Pin It button on image hover