November 26, 2012

Art of Contrast

Hi babes. So. The weekend before Thanksgiving I had a fun event to go to here at school (and those do not come often). If you follow me on Instagram (@CassieDulworth) then you saw the picture I snapped when I was playing dress up in Kate's closet, trying to find something to wear. 
We had the Art of Contrast Fashion Show, the biggest show our Fashion Student Organization puts on every year. The theme was "around the world" and everyone picked different countries to be inspired by!
Kate designed a dress, Taylor modeled it and I was a judge! It was so entertaining to see how we all got involved in different ways. 
I love love loved the show! Some of the designers at my school are so incredibly talented, it blows my mind. These are so people to be looking for in the next few years!
Thanks to Kendall, the FSO president, for asking me to judge and everyone else who made the show a smash!
The winning collection was inspired by Greek Goddesses. The photos don't even come close to capturing the amazing detail and beauty of these three dresses. 
This dress was handmade in Paris, by Kendall, the FSO president. It's incredibly detailed when you see it closely. 
A british collection! Love.
Some fabulously dressed show-goers!
This is Kate's dress. It was inspired by Brazil and the big bunch on the front is a "turban." Gorg right?!
All in all the show was a blast! I love any excuse to dress up and wear heels, plus it's always so rewarding to support my school and the fabulous fashion program we have. 
What do you think of the pieces? And what did YOU do last weekend?

{All images not taken by Kate are by Lauren Pfieffer}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the lovely comments! I read each and every one. xxx

Pin It button on image hover